Plasma Pro Skin Tightening Treatment
Plasma Skin Tightening/Plasma Pen Treatment is the only cosmetic treatment to use plasma to eliminate excess skin. It is known for its success with Non Surgical Eye lift, Scar Lifting Treatments, Wrinkle reduction, Tummy tightening and so much more.
The term “soft surgery” is often used to describe the treatment because it delivers results similar to surgery without a scalpel, stitches or bandages and minimal downtime. It is a minimally invasive procedure with a much lower risk and at a more affordable price than actual surgery.
How Does Plasma Pro Skin Tightening Work?
The Plasma Pro Skin Tightening method has many advantages over cosmetic surgery, which makes it an increasingly popular treatment. There is no cutting of the skin, which means that there are no stitches required, and clients can return to work much sooner.
Plasma Skin Tightening is a relatively new innovation in the beauty industry in North America but has been used for a number of years in Europe. The extremely accurate device works by utilizing the voltage in the air between its tip and the skin, to form a plasma charge. A plasma arc is created and instantly shrinks the targeted skin. The tissue retraction and tightening gives results that are comparable to invasive surgery.
What Is It Used To Treat?
Plasma Pro Skin Tightening is able to treat a number of imperfections without any actual cutting of the skin. It can be used for:
• Eyelid Tightening, including lower eyelids and excess upper eyelid skin.
• Skin imperfections, including skin tags and sunspots.
• Tightening loose stomach skin after pregnancy.
• Lines and wrinkles around the mouth.
• Plasma Facelift and Plasma Necklift.
How Long Does It Last?
As Plasma Skin Tightening is more than a simple tightening treatment, (skin is actually removed) so the effects should last as long as they would with invasive surgery. Like all surgical and cosmetic procedures, the effects of Plasma treatment are not entirely permanent as it does not stop any further ageing. The positive results can last years, depending on the area treated.
• The positive effects of treatment will be noticeable immediately after the first treatment, but the best results will be seen by the 8th week as the skin has had time to go through a full regenerative cycle.
• For some, an additional treatment may be required after 8 weeks for maximum results. Additionally, there are lifestyle factors that can prevent the result from lasting as long as they can, such as smoking, alcohol consumption, and prolonged sun exposure.
• Those planning on treatment should also be aware that their race and genetics can also have an effect of the length of beneficial effects.
How Many Treatments Are Required?
The number of treatments required will vary according to the condition being treated, the skin's laxity, the desired degree of correction and the individual’s response to the treatment. Most clients see results instantly and this continues to improve over the course of the following 8 weeks. Further treatments can be carried out to get better results, although it is uncommon to require more than two treatments. Appointments must be spaced out by 8 weeks.
What To Expect - Side Effects And Risks
Plasma Pro Skin Tightening has been shown to be a safe treatment due to its non-invasive nature. Still the majority of clients are likely to experience some minor side effects in the 7-10 days following treatment.
There will be some tiny brown marks that have the appearance of minor scabbing, which are carbon crusts, but in 7-10 days these will flake away, revealing new pink skin beneath. Some swelling will be seen (especially in cases of eyelid treatment), but it is likely to only last 3-5 days at most. Swelling in the eye area is to be expected for a few days following an upper eyelid treatment. To avoid any more serious side effects such as hyperpigmentation, follow the aftercare recommendations given to you by your technician.
Day Of Treatment
On the treatment day, it is recommended that no make-up is worn on the treatment area. We suggest taking an anti-histamine 60 minutes prior to your appointment to help with swelling and continue to take anti-histamines for 2-3 days following your appointment.
A numbing agent is applied and left to take effect for up to 45 minutes. When the treatment area is sufficiently numb, the session begins with multiple connections of the plasma tip, spaced closely together. You may feel some heat in the treatment area, which may be uncomfortable and slightly irritating. Treatment time is usually between 10-40 minutes, depending on the size of the area.
Immediately after treatment the area will be red and mildly swollen with small crustations and discoloration. You may experience a sensation similar to a sun burn which will likely last a few hours. Swelling may intensify over the following few hours and more so when eyes are treated and may last 2-3 days. The crustations/discoloration should resolve within 5 -12 days depending on the individual and area treated. Results are seen instantly after the treatment, although this gradually improves over the course of the following 8 weeks. Essentially there is downtime, but it is considerably less than with surgery.
Following treatment you will be given thorough aftercare instructions to ensure that you see the best results. In the week following treatment (or until the treatment area has fully healed) an exfoliating wash or cleanser should not be used. Instead opt for a pH balanced soap (like Dove), and avoid rubbing the area.
The majority of people are safe to drive following their Plasma Skin Tightening procedure as swelling does not set in until later that day.
Not To Be Used In
As with the majority of cosmetic procedures, Plasma Pro Skin Tightening should not be used on women who are pregnant or breast feeding. This treatment is recommended for Fitzpatrick skin types 1-3 - although some darker skin types are suitable for the soft surgery procedure, it is not advised for those with very dark skin. This is because there is a higher risk of hyperpigmentation (dark spots) or hypopigmentation (light spots) following treatment.
• Clients should be in good health at the time of the appointment, with no pre-existing health conditions. If the client displays signs of cold or flu the treatment should be rescheduled.
• Client’s skin should not be inflamed in the area we are treating prior to procedure.
• Clients prone to keloid scars are not ideal candidates.
• Clients with diabetes, healing disorders or lymphatic draining issues should not undergo treatment.
• Clients with a sunburn/sun tan should postpone treatment.
• Clients who have a history of Hyperpigmentation are not ideal candidates.
• Clients must not display any tanning at the time of the treatment.
• Clients must not display Herpes Simplex Virus (Cold sores/Fever blisters). You will need to reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing an outbreak. If you have experienced Herpes Simplex Virus (Cold sores/Fever blisters) in the past you must see your Medical Doctor and obtain a prescription for Valtrex and begin taking it 3 days before treatment and for 4 days following treatment. (This applies for treatments surrounding the lip area only)
• Not for clients with pace makers.
• Not for clients who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
• Clients with Eyelash extensions receiving upper or lower eyelid treatment must have lashes removed prior to treatment and reapplied after 8 weeks.
• This treatment is only recommended for Fitzpatrick skin types 1-3 (light to medium skin). Anyone with a darker complexion is at risk for Hyperpigmentation.