What conditions does Lamprobe treat?
• Telangiectasia- tiny red broken blood vessels
• Cholesterol Deposits- xanthomas. They are soft, flat and painless, but can be unsightly
• Milia- tiny white bumps underneath the skin
• Cherry Angiomas- small raised red lesions full of broken capillaries
• Spider Angiomas- (Spider Nevus) a cluster of minute red blood vessels under the skin
• Clogged Pores- resistant inflamed breakouts or blackheads
• Skin Tags- benign painless growths attached to tiny stalks
• Fibromas- lesions made of soft or hard connective tissue
• Acne Pimples- inflammatory pustular breakouts
• Keratoses- noncancerous growth that appears waxy brown, black, or tan
• Seborrheic Hyperplasia
• Immediate results
• Precise treatment of minor skin irregularities
• Rapid treatment time (3-5 seconds)
• Minimum client discomfort
• No Anesthesia required
How Does It Work?
The Lamprobe works on the principle of liquids being attracted to heat, which is released by various sized probes. A high frequency, radio wave current is conducted and attracted to the liquids on the skin’s surface, or within the skin irregularity. This technology enables our technicians to treat skin abnormalities without penetrating the skin’s surface.
With a Lamprobe treatment, a small probe is used to gently touch the skin. This will vaporize the targeted imperfection while drying the affected area. Small crusts form on the treated spots; they heal and flake off in roughly 3 days to 2 weeks. Lamprobe only comes in contact with the skin’s top layer--so the lower level, the dermis, remains untouched and unaffected.
What Can I Expect?
During the procedure, clients sometimes report mild discomfort, registering roughly 1-3 on a scale of 1-10. It’s often described as a momentary “sting” that disappears quickly when the probe is lifted. And of course, the probe never pierces the skin.
How Many Treatments Do I Need With Lamprobe?
Results of some cosmetic treatments with Lamprobe are instantaneous, while larger irregularities may need more than one treatment. Most are usually gone or faded within one to three treatments. You may receive another treatment after 2-4 weeks to ensure complete healing of the treated area.
Does It Hurt?
There’s a quick, minimal discomfort--a brief sting that only lasts a few seconds as each lesion is vaporized. Nothing more.
Is It Safe?
Yes. Lamprobe is a non-invasive surface treatment with minimal scarring and no downtime.
What Happens After Each Treatment?
You may experience some mild irritation, redness, and crusting on the treated areas. While skin is healing, makeup can be applied to cover and camouflage any temporary imperfections. You will need to avoid direct sunlight immediately after the treatment--but we do recommend our clients to be sun-safe all the time. Otherwise, you can resume normal activities right away and results are often seen after just one treatment.
Contraindications for this treatment include:
• Pacemaker or heart condition, uncontrolled high blood pressure, bleeding disorders, and anticoagulants
• A tendency to keloid scar, and/or any medications that could delay healing.
• Lack of tactile sensation (e.g., numbness due to stroke): A client impaired in this way will not be able to gauge the intensity of the current, which could cause injury.
• Botox: Administer no treatment until 72 hours after injection. Botox treatment paralyzes the muscle, so any treatment to stimulate muscle would be ineffective.
• Malignant melanoma: Cancer treatment must be completed; the client must be in remission and obtain physician approval.
Small Area (1 to 3) $50-$100/15min
Medium Area | Face $150 and up/30min session
Large Area Face, Neck & Chest $250 and up/60min session
For individual lesions, the cost is $50 depending on the size and location of the lesion. For 30 minutes of continuous treatment, the cost is $150 and up with priority given to those areas most bothersome to the client. Remember, each lesion only takes a few seconds to treat so quite a lot can be accomplished in a short amount of time. For $250 and up, all lesions from the forehead to the chest are treated. The client may choose to break up the treatments into two 30 min appointments with this option.